Subscribe to receive study tips and our free eBook 📖
How To Study In College
Become the best student you can be.
We are going to show you how to study effectively. You will get better grades with less stress and more fun. No matter what your situation is, this will help! This isn’t just advice. It’s the method, the plan, and the tool to set it up, manage it, and execute it. It’s a study system.
Most students struggle in college because they don’t know how to do things the right way. They wing it. Stress becomes a part of their life and they foolishly accept it. But not you. You will have a simple step-by-step process that delivers perfect grades with relatively no stress.
This is how we’ll help you:
You have no chance of becoming a successful student if you don’t manage your time and workload well, so that’s where we will start. We’ll explain the best way to get yourself organized. You’ll never become overwhelmed with too much to do in too little time. And to help you manage it all, we’ll give you the first real-time study planner. We built if for you, and it’s by far the best and most powerful study planner on the market. It’s called Shovel and you can check it out here.
Once you are organized and have your time and workload setup for the entire semester, you need to know how to get things done with ruthless efficiency. We’ll explain the study habits you must develop if you don’t want to waste time when studying. Mastering these habits will give you more time for fun.
Finally, after you get organized and have proper study habits in place, we’ll explain the correct study methods for taking good notes, reading textbooks, and studying for exams.
In the end, you will have a study system – a set way of doing things each and every day that will deliver consistent and predictable results. All for free!
Three Part Study System:
Part 1: Build a Study Plan
In part 1, you will build a customized study plan.
You will always know the answers to these questions:
- How much study time do I have? You already have a lot of things that take up your day. How much study time do you have available after everything else you have to do? You’ll know that number to the minute.
- What are the specific tasks I need to get done? You have a lot to get done in many classes, but it’s spread out across multiple syllabi. No more! You’re going to get all your tasks organized in one place.
- How long is each task going to take? You can’t plan without knowing how long each task is going to take. You’ll know how long each reading will take (to the minute) and you will be able to estimate the time you’ll need for tests and assignments. We’ll show you how.
- Do I have time to get every task done? Students have to juggle a continuously changing and complicated mix of readings, papers, projects, and exams. Some take minutes, others take hours, and some may take weeks. Knowing when to start is critical to having a good study plan. Shovel works with all of the above information and lets you know if you can get everything done on time or if you need to adjust your schedule.
Part 2: Create Powerful Study Habits
In part 2, you will learn the best study habits. These are the behaviors that help you be as efficient as possible when studying.
- How am I going to get consistently good results? You will establish a study routine that will make getting good grades automatic.
- When am I going to study? Identify and commit to specific study times and do not let anything or anyone pull you away from them.
- What are the small things I should be doing? We’ll tell you the small but powerful study tips that will have a big impact on your success. You’ll be able to do more in less time.
- Where am I going to study? Remove distractions. Study in places that provide complete focus on what you’re going. We’ll tell you what those are.
Part 3: Learn How To Study Effectively
In part 3 you will master the most effective study methods.
- How am I going to take notes? Professors provide a ton of valuable information during your classes and lectures, but it doesn’t do you any good if you just sit through them. You need to be actively engaged in every lecture by taking notes. The catch is that you need to take notes the right way, so that you can test yourself when you’re getting ready for your exams.
- How am I going to do my readings? You can waste a tremendous amount of time reading and re-reading your textbooks. We’ll show you how study your textbooks in a way that will set it up for exam prep in the shortest amount of time.
- How am I going to study for exams? If you do everything we talk about, studying for exams will be very easy. But we’ll step you through the specific exam prep techniques that work best for retention.
- How am I going to write a paper? You need a system for writing your papers because you’ll be writing a lot of them. We’ll give you that system.
I’ll take you through these step by step.
No matter how you are doing in college, you will get better grades with less stress and more time to enjoy your college experience.
Let’s dig in.